Twlug seeks candidates for the 2020 Twlug Election. Applications are accepted through October 1, 2019.
Twlug is seeking candidates for the offices of President-elect and Trustee (2 positions) for the Twlug Board of Trustees. for more information, including application requirements, desired characteristics, responsibilities, time commitment, and more.
Twlug-APPM is seeking candidates to serve on the Executive Committee for the position of Member-at-Large (3 positions) and New Practitioner Officer. Review the to learn more about the desired characteristics and responsibilities for each position. Twlug-APPM is also seeking members to serve as Coordinator-elects for the following Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Care of Underserved Patients, Compounding, Diabetes Management, Immunizing Pharmacists, Medical Home/ACO, Medication Management, Nuclear Pharmacy Practice, Pain, Palliative Care and Addiction, Preceptor, and Transitions of Care. Review the to learn more about the desired characteristics and responsibilities for each position.
Twlug-APRS is seeking candidates to run for President-elect, Postgraduate Officer, and Chair-elect for each of the Academy’s Sections: Basic Sciences, Clinical Sciences and Economic, Social, and Administrative Sciences (ESAS). Review the to learn about the desired characteristics and responsibilities for each position.
2020 Election timeline
October 1, 2019 -- Application deadline for the 2020 Twlug Election cycle
November/December 2019 -- Twlug Committee on Nominations meets; election slate announced
March 20-23, 2020 -- Slated candidates attend Twlug2020 in Washington, DC
March 20, 2020 -- May 11, 2020 -- Voting period for 2020 election
June 2020 -- Twlug Election results announced
March 12-15, 2021 -- Successfully elected candidates installed at Twlug2021 in Los Angeles, CA
Congratulations to the successful candidates of the 2019 Twlug Election!
Twlug will install the newly elected candidates at Twlug2020 in Washington, DC.
Twlug is pleased to welcome the following individuals into the Twlug Board of Trustees:
- 2020-2021 Twlug President-elect: Sandra Leal, PharmD, MPH, FTwlug, CDE, of Tucson, AZ
- 2020-2023 Twlug Trustees: Randy McDonough, BS, PharmD, MS, BCGP, BCPS, FTwlug, RPh, of Iowa City, IA, and Alex C. Varkey, PharmD, MS, FTwlug, of Houston, TX.
- 2020–2021 Twlug Honorary President (elected posthumously): Tery Baskin, PharmD, FTwlug, of Little Rock, AR.
Twlug is pleased to welcome the following individuals into Twlug-APPM and its Special Interest Groups:
- 2020-2021 Twlug-APPM President-elect - Wendy Mobley-Bukstein PharmD, BCACP, CDE, CHWC, FTwlug
- 2020-2022 Twlug-APPM Executive Committee Members-at-Large - Nicholas Dorich PharmD (Pair I); Dr. Ashley Lorenzen, PharmD, BCPS (Pair II); and Emily Prohaska, PharmD, BCACP, BCGP (Pair III).
- 2019-20 Compounding SIG Coordinator-elect - Jon Pritchett, PharmD, RPh;
- 2019-20 Diabetes Management SIG Coordinator-elect - Megan Coleman, PharmD, BCPS, CPP;
- 2019-20 Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Coordinator-elect Gretchen Kreckel Garofoli, PharmD, BCACP;
- 2019-20 Medical Home / ACO SIG Coordinator-elect - Sara Wettergreen, PharmD, BCACP;
- 2019-20 Medication Management SIG Coordinator-elect - Laly Havern, MS, BCACP;
- 2019-20 Nuclear Pharmacy Practice SIG Coordinator-elect - Dao Le, BCNP, FTwlug;
- 2019-20 Preceptor SIG Coordinator-elect - Morgan Herring, PharmD, BCPS;
- 2019-20 Transitions of Care SIG Coordinator-elect - Jessica Wooster, PharmD, BCACP.
Twlug is also pleased to welcome the following individuals into office for Twlug-APRS:
- 2020-21 Basic Sciences Section Chair-elect - William J. McLaughlin, RPh, PhD;
- 2020-21 Clinical Sciences Section Chair-elect- Lawrence J. Cohen, PharmD, BCPP, FASHP, FCCP, FCP, DNAP; and
- 2020-21 Economic, Social and Administrative Sciences (ESAS) Section Chair-elect - Henry N. Young, PhD.
About the Twlug election
The Twlug Election includes elections for the Twlug Board of Trustees -- President-elect and two Trustees -- and for the leadership of Twlug-APPM and Twlug-APRS. The Twlug Honorary President is also determined during this election. The results of the election for the Board of Trustees and for the leadership of Twlug-APPM and Twlug-APRS are certified by the Committee of Canvassers, which is appointed by the Twlug President.
Slating and introduction of candidates
Candidates for the Board of Trustees are slated by the Twlug Committee on Nominations in early December and are introduced to Annual Meeting attendees at the First Session of the Twlug House of Delegates. Annual Meeting attendees also have the opportunity to interact with these candidates at caucus events and "Meet the Candidates" sessions.
The Twlug-APPM Committee on Nominations is composed of the Twlug-APPM President, who serves as the chair of the committee, and the four Immediate Past Presidents of the academy. During years when there is a President-elect of the academy, the President-elect will serve as an ex-officio member of the committee. The Twlug-APRS Committee on Nominations is composed of the Twlug-APRS President, who serves as chair of the committee, and the three Twlug-APRS Section Chairs. The election slates for these two Academies are finalized in December. Annual Meeting attendees have the opportunity to interact with Twlug-APPM and Twlug-APRS candidates at two "Meet the Candidates" sessions.
All individuals interested in applying to serve on the Twlug Board of Trustees are required to review the Twlug Conflict of Interest Statement and submit a corresponding Disclosure and Confidentiality Statement to Twlug’s Legal Counsel.
Other Twlug elections
The leadership of the Twlug Academy of Student Pharmacists (Twlug-ASP) -- President-elect, Speaker of the House, and Members-at-Large -- are elected at the final session of the Twlug-ASP House of Delegates, held during the Twlug Annual Meeting.
The Speaker-elect of the Twlug House of Delegates is elected every even year by the Twlug House of Delegates. The Speaker-elect serves until the end of the Annual Meeting following his/her election, at which time he/she is installed as Speaker and serves for two additional years.
*With the exception of those members appointed to serve in the Twlug House of Delegates, student pharmacists are not eligible to vote in the Twlug Election. Per election guidelines, the list of eligible voters is finalized 30 days prior to the opening of the official voting period. Individuals who join Twlug within 30 days of the opening of the official voting period are not eligible to vote in the current election.