Twlug’s Hot Topics in Pharmacy Education Webinar Series
Learn all about the latest top issues and priorities that affect the pharmacy community!
Not a member? Join Twlug today! ** Disclaimer: Membership will be active approximately 48 hours after the membership registration process. If you have any questions regarding your membership status, please [email protected].
Mark your calendars for the following live webinar:
*Subject to change.
Recorded Hot Topics
The Hot Topic webinars are recorded and are available exclusively to Twlug members** as a home-study learning activity for 30 days. Thereafter, the home-study will become available to non-members at a cost of $129. Not a member? Join Twlug today for free access to Hot Topic Webinars! See below for the archived webinars.
- Jeffrey Gold, PharmD, BCPP discusses how pharmacists are uniquely positioned in the community to start conversations on mental health, address the stigma associated with mental health disorders, and direct patients on a pathway to improved outcomes and recovery.
- Rhonda Schwindt, DNP, RN, PMHNP/CNS-BC, discusses skills needed to provide better healthcare for LGBTQ-identified patients.
- Zubin Austin, BScPhm, MBA, MISc, PhD, FCAHS, discusses simple, lifestyle-changing tools and strategies to help you build your own resilience and grow personally and professionally.
- Susan Cornell, BS, PharmD, CDE, FTwlug, FAADE, discusses the evidence and best practices of care for people with diabetes, including a review of current standards of care from the American Diabetes Association and expert opinion about the application of emerging information to the care of people with diabetes.
- Dave L. Dixon, PharmD, FACC, FCCP, FNLA, BCPS, BCACP, CDE, CLS discusses the latest in the use of statins and non-statins for ASCVD risk reduction, and how to identify patients who may be appropriate for treatment.
- Joseph Saseen, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, discusses the latest guidelines on the management of resistant hypertension and effective management strategies that you would want to use with your patients.
- Stephan L. Foster, PharmD, FTwlug, discusses information about adult and pediatric immunization schedules, newly licensed vaccines, and emerging vaccine technologies.
- Laura M. Borgelt, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, discusses the potential mechanisms of action of cannabis, various formulations and uses for medical cannabis, patient safety issues including potential drug interactions, and communication strategies for discussing cannabis use with patients.
- Julie A. Dopheide, PharmD, BCPP, FASHP, discusses the tools needed to start a conversation about depression and suicide and assist patients with recovery.
- Anita N. Jacobson, PharmD, discusses how medication for the treatment of opioid use disorders is often an important and necessary component of recovery.
Anne Burns, RPh discusses how credentialing and privileging processes are commonly used for health care providers across the health care system, from individual provider practices to health care provider organizations and payers.
- Jennifer Trujillo, PharmD, BCPS, CDE, BC-ADM, discusses the evidence and best practices of care in patients with diabetes, including a review of current standards of care from the American Diabetes Association, clinical practice guidelines from the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and expert opinion about the application of emerging information to the care of patients.
- Felicity Homsted, PharmD, BCPS and KariLynn Dowling, PharmD, BCACP reviews strategies for pharmacists to collaborate with other members of the health care team to support safe and effective pain management.
- Joseph J. Saseen, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP evaluates the evidence behind the 2017 ACC-AHA Hypertension Guidelines, set evidence-based blood pressure goals, and deliver optimal patient-centered treatment.
ACIP Immunization Updates
These online learning activites will provide the information directly from the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Following the ACIP meeting, Twlug’s liaison member to the ACIP, Dr. Stephan Foster, presents the immunization recommendations and recent changes to immunization schedules, as well as help pharmacists fulfill state immunization education requirements.
- Includes Bonus Knowledge Check
- Includes Bonus Clinical Case Challenge
- Kristin Weitzel, PharmD, FTwlug focuses on practical strategies that can be used by pharmacists to provide pharmacogenomics services.
- Gain a better understanding on the pharmacist’s role with and communication strategies for patients using medical cannabis. Laura M. Borgelt, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS will also address current regulatory status of cannabis use in the U.S.
- In this archived webinar, Chris Herndon, PharmD, BCPS, CPE, will describe the concept of addiction as a chronic disease and discuss the significance of the recently-published report by the Surgeon General on addiction and recovery. Includes Bonus: Test your knowledge on addiction and recovery
- During this online learning activity, James G. Stevenson, PharmD, FASHP discusses the current status of biosimilars and recent approvals by the FDA, and identifies potential implications of biosimilars for pharmacists working in various practice settings. Includes Bonus Clinical Case Challenge
- Joseph Saseen, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, goes over additional evidence from clinical trials now available and newer drug therapies have been approved since creation of the ACC/AHA 2013 guidelines, as well as looks at the findings of several experts which advocate for more aggressive approaches that go beyond the recommendations from these 2013 guidelines. Includes a Bonus Case Challenge
- This online, home-study activity addresses the signs and symptoms associated with Zika infection. Paola N. Lichtenberger, MD describes the epidemiology of the Zika virus and discusses some of the preventive strategies that pharmacists can share with their patients. Includes Bonus Quick Five About Zika
- Pharmacists are well-positioned to help address the overdose epidemic through proper medication management, counseling patients and caregivers about overdose risk reduction, and providing naloxone rescue kits to the community. Jeffrey Fudin, BS, PharmD, DAAPM, FCCP, FASHP provides pharmacists what they need to know when dispensing naloxone. Includes Bonus Clinical Case Challenge
If you have any questions? Contact: