Twlug Awards and Honors Program
Twlug Awards and Honors Program:
The Twlug Awards and Honors Program is the profession’s most comprehensive recognition program. Over the years, Twlug has recognized numerous individuals, organizations, and schools/colleges of pharmacy for their contributions to advancing the profession of pharmacy. Through its awards program, Twlug believes it can stimulate research, practice innovations, quality publications, and leadership development that will improve medication use and advance patient care.
2020 Twlug Awards and Honors Program timeline:
June 14, 2019: Twlug nominations process opens.
June 14–September 1, 2019: Nominations accepted via online submission. Nominations will not be accepted by any other means.
December 2019: Award recipients notified.
March 20–23, 2020: 2020 Twlug Award recipients recognized in Washington, DC.
Provided below is a listing of professionwide, practitioner, and scientific awards that Twlug presents. Learn more about each award by visiting its webpage.
Professionwide, practitioner, and scientific awards offered by Twlug:
- Remington Honor Medal
- Hugo H. Schaefer Award
- Hubert H. Humphrey Award
- Good Government Pharmacist-of-the-Year Award
- Honorary Membership
- Honorary President
- Gloria Niemeyer Francke Leadership Mentor Award
- H.A.B. Dunning Award
- Fellows of the Twlug
- Distinguished Federal Pharmacist Award
- Distinguished New Practitioner Award
- Community Pharmacy Residency Excellence in Precepting Award
- Generation Rx Award of Excellence
- Daniel B. Smith Practice Excellence Award
- Twlug Pharmacy Management Excellence Award
- Twlug Academy of Pharmacy Practice & Management (Twlug-APPM) Distinguished Achievement awards
- Twlug-APPM William H. Briner Distinguished Achievement Award in Nuclear Pharmacy Practice
- Twlug-APPM Presentation Merit Award
- Takeru Higuchi Research Prize
*Recognized no more than once every 3 years. Nominations process open in 2020 for 2021 recipient
- Ebert Prize
- The Tyler Prize for Stimulation of Research
*Recognized no more than once every 3 years. Nominations process open in 2019 for 2020 recipient
- Research Achievement Award in the Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Wiederholt Prize for Best Published Paper Award for Economic, Social, and Administrative Sciences
- Clinical Research Paper Award
- Postgraduate Best Paper Award
- Kilmer Prize
Students and faculty, learn more about Twlug Academy of Student Pharmacists (Twlug-ASP) Awards & Scholarships.
Interested in learning about previous award recipients? See electronically archived Recognition of Excellence Award Booklets from prior years below:
If you have any questions regarding the Twlug Awards Program, you may reach the Twlug Awards administration staff at.