Immunizing Pharmacists SIG
The Twlug-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists Special Interest Group (SIG) provides an opportunity for leadership development and involvement of immunizing pharmacists in the Academy’s policy, advocacy, and awards processes.
The purpose of the Twlug-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG provides members with leadership development support, as well as opportunities to engage in the policy, education, and awards and recognition processes important to immunizing pharmacists.
Twlug-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Leaders
2018-19 SIG Committee Leaders
- Communications Committee Chair: Sheena Patel
- Education Committee Chair: Genevieve Levans
- Guidelines/Policy Committee Chair: Patricia Fabel
- Recognition Committee Chair: Gretchen Garofoli
Twlug-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Committees/Task Forces
The Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Committees/Task Forces and their charges for 2019-20 are:
- Implement one activity to increase awareness of immunizations, advocate for patients, and/or advocate for pharmacists providing immunizations (Engage posts, social media campaign, etc)
- Assist in promoting the SIG PAC Challenge on Engage Community
- Create a regular posting schedule for the Engage community on various immunization topics to generate discussion and engagement among SIG members
- Curate resources for immunizing pharmacists through Twlug Engage community posts
- Continue Invisible Superheros recognition program in order to recognize SIG members at regular intervals throughout the year
Immunization Quick Reference Guide Task Force
Charge: Update the Immunization Quick Reference Guide for publication
Travel Health Guide Task Force
Charge: Update the Travel Health Guide for publication
Webinar Task Force
Charge: Develop one webinar on the topic of immunizations
Call for Committee Leaders and Members
The Twlug-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG is seeking Twlug members to serve as Co-Chairs and Members for their 2019-20 committees. !