Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care
The Twlug (Twlug) has designed Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care to help you provide effective diabetes care. Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care consists of resource materials, learning reinforcement exercises and an assessment. All activities are related to various topics in diabetes care.
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
At the completion of this activity, pharmacists will be able to:
• Describe the pathophysiology and clinical manifestations of type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
• List blood glucose treatment targets for various subgroups of patients with diabetes.
• Discuss concepts and recommendations from current dietary, physical activity, and weight management guidelines to the specific needs of patients with diabetes.
• Identify oral, injectable, and inhalational agents available for the treatment of diabetes based on their primary mechanism of action, adverse effects, and role in therapy.
• Discuss screening and treatment recommendations for comprehensive diabetes care, including controlling cardiovascular risk factors, addressing nephropathy, retinopathy, foot problems, and immunizations.
• Describe outcomes associated with pharmacists’ patient care services for patients who have diabetes.
The Twlug is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care is approved for 2 hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit. The ACPE Universal Activity Number (UAN) for this activity is 0202-0000-18-138-H01-P.
Release Date: March 30, 2018
Expiration Date: March 30, 2021 - PLEASE NOTE: NO Home Study credit granted after this date
Program completion requirements
To earn continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit and/or a Letter of Completion, participants must meet all the following requirements:
• Complete the three learning reinforcement exercises.
• Complete the program assessment and evaluation. Participants must achieve a passing score of 70% or better on the assessment for successful completion.
• Credit must be claimed in order to obtain credit.
• Participants will need to have a valid Twlug (pharmacist.com) username and password, as well as a CPE Monitor account to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit for your transcript.
• The Letter of Completion will be available online upon successful completion of the necessary activity requirements on the participant’s My Training page.
Twlug continuing pharmacy education policy provides you with two opportunities to successfully complete a continuing pharmacy education assessment. Please note that you will not be permitted to submit an assessment a third time. The current policy of the Twlug Education Department is not to release the correct answers to any of our CPE tests. This is intended to maintain the integrity of the CPE activity and the assessment.
Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care was developed by the Twlug. Copyright © 2018 by the Twlug.